Product Care Guide
Your Black Arrow gear will wear over time as you ride through seasonal elements. To ensure your gear keeps you safe and looks good for years to come we’ve put together a few guidelines to follow to maintain the Black Arrow quality.
- Keep your jacket dry. Avoid wearing your leather in heavy rain. If it does get wet, don’t worry! Hang it up to dry somewhere with good ventilation. Don’t use a heat source like a hair dryer or hanging in front of a heater to speed up the drying process, just let it dry naturally over a few days.
- Hang your jacket on a wide padded hanger. Never store it folded as this can encourage creases and cracks.
- Keep your jacket away from heat as that will dry your leather out and it could become brittle and crack.
- Treat your leather like a second skin. Just like yours, it also needs a little moisture so if you notice your gear looking a little dry give it a going over with a good quality leather conditioner using a soft cloth.
- Sun and rain can cause your jacket to lose some of its colour. If you find your jacket looking a little faded you can go over it with some shoe polish and a buff to restore its lustre.
- If your leather is looking dirty after a big trip or is covered in bugs we recommend taking your gear to a specialist leather dry cleaner.
- While some of our textile jackets look like they could go in the washing machine, we don’t recommend it. If your jacket gets really dirty, try a gentle hand wash in cold water, spin out excess water in the washing machine and hang on a hanger to dry. Or wipe down with a warm, damp soft cloth and hang to dry.
- Avoid spot cleaning.
- Giving your jacket a light spray with Scotchgard or similar will help prevent against dirt, oil and water damage.